Thursday, May 11, 2006

Finished Chapter 11



I finished Chapter 11 and will take a break for a day or so before starting Chapter 12. I've been pushing really hard the past couple of weeks and not getting enough sleep on an ongoing basis, so I'm feeling rather fatigued. A little rest will help.

The word count for Chapter 11 came in at a modest 6,658 -- the shortest chapter so far. That is okay in that I intend for the final chapters to become smaller as the pace quickens and the story builds to its conclusion.

My total word count is now 111,241.

I think the draft will come in under 120,000, but that is okay, since it will change significantly as I do the editing. At least I'm in the ballpark. I anticipate another 5,000 words will be added to the total word count when I finish Chapter 12. Maybe more.

I would write more about the details of the conflict and the way I'm problem-solving to work out the writing challenges, but I'd wind up giving too much away about the story, so I don't want to do that. I need to revise these last scenes, but I want to finish writing this draft first, then I'll go back when I can consider things in more detail and compare with other, earlier scenes, etc. I can see already some good ideas to draw in during the editing.

Now, for some much needed rest!

Adrian

CHAPTER 11 A LITTLE SHORTER, NEAR THE END:



GETTING THAT WORD COUNT UP THERE:



ONE MORE CHAPTER TO GO:

No comments: