Friday, April 07, 2006

I'm Writing a Novel!



Yes, it's true -- I'm writing a novel. I've been working on it since October, 2005, about six months now. When finished, it will run about 120,000 words.

How to categorize it? It's a gay fantasy novel. This means it could be shelved under "Gay/Lesbian Fiction" and/or under "Fantasy" (think "Lord of the Rings").

This blog is where I will chronicle the process of writing the novel. I'll talk about how I go about doing the work, the challenges I face, the progress I make. I won't talk in too much detail about the novel, and I won't post samples here, since I don't want to give too much away. I'm hoping to get it published.

Current timeline for completion:
  • May 31st for the current draft
  • June 30, 2006, for the finished manuscript.
I plan to start shopping it around this summer!

Wish me luck!

No comments: