Friday, November 09, 2007

Writing Mania Strikes



I was hoping to avoid it altogether, but somehow the Nano bug got me. I've decided to start a new blog and post my nanovel on it as it is written. It'll be a rough first-draft and I won't go back to fix things. It'll be fun, I'm sure, and a little frustrating at times, but overall it's a challenge that I find quite intriguing.

You can follow my progress on my new blog, ADRIAN'S FIX.

The "Fix" part stands for fiction. It's actually the plural, as in "fic's". I can score one-half point for creativity right off the bat. Two points if I can hit that half-point with the bat.

Well, I'm off to write my new nanovel, while also continuing work on JASPER. Which, by the way, is a story I truly enjoy writing.

Oh -- and what's the new nanovel about? I have no freakin' idea. Hahahaha!

Wish me luck!

And good luck to others attempting a nanovel!

Adrian

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I get through NANO this time, I'll have two finished rough drafts in the files. I guess that's a good thing. You are so productive! Good luck with all the writing! d:)

Alex Andronov said...

Good luck with the project.

I like the idea of Fix as plural.

A thought occurs, what would be the plural of freakin' ideas? If you had two would it be freaki? I think we should be told!

Adrian Swift said...

Alex,

if I'm not mistaken, "freakin' ideas" is already plural! However, your question is very intriguing. I'll have to reflect on that!

Thanks for stopping by!

By the way, I'm one of at least two American Adrian Swift's that I know of. There are also at least two UK Adrian Swift's that I know of, and at least one down under. I live on the East Coast of the US.

Congratulations on your new book, and good luck with your numerous other projects!

You're welcome to stop by any time.

Debra,

Best of luck with your nanovel this year! Yes, I think it is a good thing to accumulate a body of unedited work. It shows progress in its own way. Over time, there will also be finished, edited work, the polished and publishable kind.

I'm about to start writing and I still don't have any freakin' idea what it'll be about!

Off to work....

Alex Andronov said...

Ah yes Adrian,

I did mean "freakin' idea" so the plural would be "freaki ideas" but now in the cold light of the morning I'm not sure that makes any sense at all!

Anyway good to find your blog!

Adrian Swift said...

Actually, I think "freaki" would be a good short-form plural for "freakin' ideas", as "fix" seems to work for "fic's", or "fictions".

I hope there will be lots of freaki in my fix! I certainly need it. Er, them. Er, whatever.

Wynn Bexton said...

Good luck with the Nano novella. Sounds like you're on a writing streak. I've been busy the last couple of days but have another chapter seg. pretty well done. Just have to do a bit of editing then I'll move on.