Wednesday, December 19, 2007

"Nuthin'", huh?



Go figure! Just when I ended my last post with the very optimistic comment that nothing would stop me now, what else happens but something that could stop me! Ugh. I should have known better than to jinx my writing progress!

I won't go into details because I'm such a private person, but something rather significant came up that most definitely did take all my time, energy and focus away from writing. I didn't write at all last week, and am now struggling to get back into it. C'est la vie! The distraction was certainly something important enough to cause such an upset to my routine. I'm not upset with myself for not writing -- it was entirely appropriate to set it aside under the circumstances -- but now it's time to get back to work. I can still finish JASPER within December if I get a move on.

Current status on JASPER, after cutting and editing again, and adding a little: around 28k, in Chapter 10. Goal: 60k to 65k.

Where's that RESET button?

Adrian

2 comments:

Wynn Bexton said...

Don't despair. You will get back into it. It's a very distracting season right now but as long as it's on your mind it wont get far away. Was that you, Adrian, who posted that very much appreciated note on my blog about the Muse?

Adrian Swift said...

Yes, that was me, Wynn. Glad my words were not irrelevant after all. Thanks for the encouragement. I just need to get my focus back on writing after an unrelated major distraction. I found this morning that thinking my way through the story, trying to "tell" the story, literally, was helping. I'll do more of that when I have time. I know the story. If I can just put it into words, that'll get my brain processing it again, and then I think it'll only be a skip and a hop and jump and I'll be writing it again.

Best wishes to all who strive to write during the season of distractions,

Adrian