Saturday, May 30, 2009

Interlude: Cool Meme Worth Checking Out



Before posting my Marshall Plan software review, I wanted to take a time-out to recommend a meme that Gabriele shared on her blog recently (link below). I'm not usually one for memes, but this one is actually a writing-related activity that is well worth the time. I haven't done it yet, but I will soon. It would clearly provide you with a stimulating, refreshing look at the characters in one of your novels.

Basically, you pick ten characters from one of your novels and assign them numbers at random (1-10). You then answer a bunch of questions which draw on your characters, but referring to them by number, so the way the characters fit into the questions is random (eg, "3 has to marry either 8, 4, or 9. Whom do they choose?"). It gets you thinking!

Gabriele's blog post is entitled "Another Meme, Because I'm Lazy" and it's dated "29.5.09". Check it out here. It's well worth your time.

Best wishes to all the characters out there (you know who you are),

Adrian

No comments: